Whooshing By

 "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
~Douglas Adams~

These last days of summer certainly are passing quickly.  Days here are cooler than normal, I'm loving it.  The garden beds even seem to be slowing down with blooms, the weeds seem to have given up control too.

The house to-do's are coming to an end for the season and I'm finding myself in the studio longer and more often through out the day.  This I LOVE.  I'm having lots of fun and new things are coming together nicely.

I must tell you......I was poking around the flower beds and I all but tripped over myself.
Oh my gosh.  What did I find??!  
I was sooooooo excited.  I spied a pumpkin vine!!!  A flower too! I went calling for Mr. Steiner, I just had to show him....I was so excited.
He grinned and he smiled {it was probably the stupid bandana on my head} and then proceeded to tell me.........I won't get any pumpkins. It takes two vines, they must pollinate he said.
DRAT.
Till Next Time........
Heidi


Comments

Unknown said…
Hello Heidi, greetings from Germany. I had pumpkin vines in my garden for several years, they have two sorts of flowers, male and female. The trick is they have to bloom at the same time, a better chance with two vines. But the flowers are edible, filled and battered (hope, it’s the right word) very delicious. I love your teddy sitting on the hat. It’s a pity, I never wear hats. It is such a good idea. I wish you a nice weekend. Sylvia and the Rosebudbears.com (with my own english translation)
Heidi Steiner said…
Hello Sylvia, I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for the pumpkin vine info. I will try to grow many vines next summer!
Wishing you a lovely weekend too- Heidi