Play Date


I had the most wonderful play date a couple days ago. I went to visit my gal pal Madame Whimsey. aka.......Karen Meer.

Every visit to Karen's is a feast for the eyes. Eye Candy at every turn. Her old Victorian home is charming. Rooms bathed in rich jewel tones, layers of scrumptious textures are everywhere. Antique Victorian furniture and lighting makes you want to just get cozy and spend hours and hours soaking it all in.


This time I remembered I had my camera along. Not to steal Karen's thunder, I'll only tease you with a few pics.........drop Karen a note and tell her you'd love to see more on her blog.

So very much to see, so very little time to see it all. Antique teddies.........dolls and toys are in charming vignettes. Vintage tin horns and toy drums line the curving oak staircase. Antique Christmas............Santa's, trees, ornaments......glass, batting and Dresden command a closer look. Patriotic collections spill out here and there. At every turn there is something incredibly wonderful to see.
It was especially fun ......I was served yummy pastry and coffee on antique china. I came home with the biggest smile on my face.........I'm still smiling!!



Karen is an artist too. She has an in home studio.......but, like most of us she uses the whole house as her studio. This is a really good thing for visitors! I was lucky to see fab pieces almost completed and ready to send to their new holiday homes. I also got to drool over the charm bracelets Karen creates. Okay, I just had to bring home a couple more to add to my collection.

I hope you'll take a peek at Madame Whimsey's Blog, and be sure to check out her etsy shop too.........fab bracelets for the special gals on your holiday shopping list.
Wishing you a weekend filled with whimsy!


Comments