It begins with a twitch...........

Weeks before an up coming holiday I get this twitch.........a silly, giddy tingling consumes me. I drop everything I'm doing and start to pillage through bins and rifle through closets looking at what I have stashed for the holiday/season that is upon me.
This happened last month............. I had the overwhelming desire to do a few patriotic pieces.

My idea started for this collection with an old vintage kids play airplane. Who would ride this fab piece and what would they wear???

As I begin working........okay, playing.....a little story always goes on in my head surrounding a piece and before I know it I have other characters joining in on the fun.

This collection began just this way............
Here's their story ........
the beginning of the adventure.........

Up.........Up and away..............
into the wild blue yonder!

Herman has taken to soaring the sky's above heidiland. His old plane sputters.......... wheezes and teeters now and again. That's only to be expected from this vintage gem from the 1940's. But Herman is a brave ol' soldier and fearless is his middle name.

His vintage child's plane is a wee bit bruised, but oh so charming........ a chip here and there and a propeller blade that has an edge long gone..............Not Herman's fault! He says he's an excellent driver, er, flyer.........it simply could not have been all those to close to call landings in trees..............or the crashing into them.

He's flying high and low and dropping leaflets all over town to let the folks know of the upcoming celebrations. Fireworks displays.........a parade..........a pie eating contest..............perhaps even a bathing suit contest! Come one- come all!

As Herman circles and readies to land..........he blows his antique r-w & blue tin horn.
You've been warned! Get out of the way. Really. RUN!

Miss Molly is monkeying around and vying for a spot on the lead float in the parade. She'd love to be voted 'Miss Liberty".
She's been out and about making herself seen and hoping everyone in heidiland will take part in all the upcoming festivities.

Irving takes time away from his friend's, who are busy at the fireworks factory and joins Herman and Miss Molly for a little fun.

The gang loves to fly...........blowing their horns very loudly when Herman is attempting to land! Gesh, with all the distractions is it any wonder the poor guy has problems. And has met more trees then he's like to admit.


This little tale continues as I work away in the studio........


Till Next Time...........
Heidi


Comments

Anonymous said…
These are amazing! I just love your style and sence of humor. You have a real knack for putting it all together and conjuring up sweet tales about your creations.
I can't wait to see more.
Ina