Holiday Party's

Into the wee hours of the night.....a couple nights ago.........
it dawned on me that we have our first holiday party of the season this weekend to attend.
This will be fun........I'm sure the home we are going to will be all decked out in everything Christmas.....Christmas tunes playing and great food to be had.
I always like to take a hostess gift when we go to a friends home......it's fun to take a little gift this time of year.
I don't do the typical..........the bottle of wine.....or a candle ....or other standard types of things.
I like to create something special to give.
Two years ago I made aprons for hostess gifts.....last year I made ornaments using antique scraps and tinsel from my hoarded stash.
Soooooooo.......what to do this holiday season????
I'm making cupcakes! Yep, yummy holiday cupcakes.
Of course these tasty little morsels are created in my studio...........no oven needed. Snowmen cupcakes..........cupcakes with little brush trees..........you know where I'm going with this. The snowman heads are actually vintage spun cotton cupcake picks! How cool is this.
These can be used as pin keepers or just a cute little something to set around the home.
I'm making myself several and will use them as place cards on my dining table.
Below is the first one...........I will gift them in a vintage champagne glass.
I better scoot now and get back to work.



Comments

Anonymous said…
You can come to my party anytime. :)
Nancy Schmidt
Anonymous said…
Heidi,
Just wanted to let you know Margaret dropped your invitation
to our annual gala in the mail today.
Happy Holiday's,
John & Margaret Chandler