Crazy for Brownies

I'm crazy for Brownies.........

No, not those chocolaty, fudgy, tasty brownies. Okay, I do love them too..........but today I'm talking..................


For years I've been enthralled and inspired by the Palmer Cox Brownies. These simply sweet and silly little characters have adorned many forms of antique advertising.

Yep, you guessed it,
I have a whimsical collection of Brownie art.
I collect Brownie antique advertising................


Brownie toys.........blocks and ten pins..........


Everyone is familiar with.................the Brownies used to sell and advertise the Kodak cameras.


I've been creating Brownie inspired dolls for the past several years.........

The Brownies make me smile..........they make me giggle.........
I love creating them and love incorporating them into my pincushion designs.
I especially love creating Brownies for holiday pieces.


My studio is home to part of my Brownie collection. While the shelves in the studio hold Brownie blocks, ten pins and soft sculpture Brownies......
A wall of the studio is regularly changed with litho advertising featuring these wonderfully silly imps.
The lithos below are currently hanging in the studio and date to1895 and 1905.
I love looking at these......they are full of different styles of Brownies.



Below are a few more past examples of my Brownie inspired creations.
They have all been incorporated into pincushions.
The studio table is currently heaped full of a new batch of Autumn and Halloween Brownies.


These cuties were a gift and part of a series created by Marie Burkhart.

Look for more Brownie fun from my studio in the up coming months...........



Comments

Mary Grace said…
Oh my Gawd. I love your brownies!!! Sign me up.......MUST have!
Anonymous said…
Your brownies are much sweeter and calorie free. I'd love to see more.
Ina
What fun Heidi!
Love your inspired pieces!

Me thinks you are "the collector of collections" !!
Lori Ann
Anonymous said…
Great post....lots of fun. Would love to see more of your brownies.
Betty
Anonymous said…
Will you be making more brownies? how about big ones?
Jack Graf
Katy said…
I LOVE your Brownie collection. Thanks for letting them come out to play with us. Your loves and talents go in so many unexpected and fun places. We are all lucky for that!!! Smiles, Katy
Theresa said…
Great Brownie collection...and the ones you create are fantastic. :)